To help job seekers without a bachelor’s degree find professional positions, we’ve identified 20 remote jobs that generally don’t require a four-year degree. (Also be sure to view our listings for entry-level remote jobs as well as jobs listings without a degree requirement specified). The most common qualifications for virtual jobs are technical skills but it is a great advantage if you have a college degree related to the job. For programming positions such as web developer or programmer, you can acquire training and certification from the best coding bootcamps and add them to your resume. For a customer support position, communication skills and relevant experience are the most essential skills to have.
- Many administrative assistant roles are entry level, but executive assistant roles may require more experience.
- The primary duties of copy editors are proofreading and editing written materials to eliminate errors and improve the quality of the content.
- You will be working in different areas of event planning, so gaining experience in your niche can boost your chances of landing projects.
- Customer service representatives interact with customers to provide information and support in response to inquiries about products or services and to handle and resolve complaints.
- Look for the Happiness Engineer job here to do email and chat-based support without having to make phone calls.
- It is a great place for beginners since it allows them to grow their professional network.
Generally experts in one or more subject areas, tutors can share their insight and different ways of looking at a subject to help students learn more effectively. IT Security Specialists work to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of digital information and assets. They may also educate employees on security best practices and develop contingency plans.
Tech Support Specialist
While it’s certainly helpful to have some previous experience working in sales, many companies are willing to consider applicants who have different career backgrounds. The key skill is being able to show that you have the ability to connect with remote jobs that pay well without a degree new clients while maintaining relationships with current ones. In addition to being able to work from home, these jobs also tend to offer flexible or part-time hours, since you build your schedule around sales made more than hours worked.
You can find some remote jobs that don’t require a degree is the Membership Services category of their jobs page. They have some remote jobs like the 3D Product Specialist and Remote Designer positions. If you don’t have a degree, you can still apply for remote jobs here, but you’ll need a little more experience. Usually, these jobs will not require https://remotemode.net/ a degree and will be sales or customer service related. If you go to their jobs page and pick the “Work at Home Agents” category, you can usually find some remote customer service jobs that don’t require a degree. While none of the above require a degree, it’s still wise to try and build up experience and a portfolio to show that you can do the job.
Social media consultant
This is one of the easy jobs to do if you are really knowledgeable about fashion trends and have a good dress sense. And if you want to go the route of starting your own business, then I suggest taking this free webinar to see if you are cut out for it. Caitlin Pyle gives you all the answers to your questions about proofreading (she earned over $43,000 in one year with her proofreading services). Proofreading companies like Kibin and ProofreadingServices.com have open positions from time to time.
- A lot of times you can find some customer service related jobs for them that don’t require a degree.
- While there are plenty of reasons why college isn’t for everyone, money is the most common roadblock.
- Remote work has always been popular for its flexibility, and lucrative remote jobs are becoming more common.
- You can sharpen these skills by taking an online course or enrolling in an online coding bootcamp.
Your main goal as an SEO specialist is to increase the ranking of a website on search engines. SEO specialists work with an editorial team to create SEO-based marketing content. SEO experts should have experience using SEO tools, as well as skills in web programming, keyword research, and link-building. This position may require a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field but most employers look for candidates with practical experience in programming and software development. If you are tech-savvy and love programming and innovation, you may want to consider applying for a software engineer position. Yes, coding bootcamps can help you land a remote job, especially if you are pursuing a tech position.
Work-From-Home Jobs (No Experience Required!)
The successful candidate for this remote position will have at least five years of experience as a project manager and top-notch communication skills. The kinds of jobs that can be done from home range from managers and supervisors to sales agents, and not all of these jobs require you to be a college graduate. In your cover letter, thoroughly explain how you meet many of the other requirements. IT project coordinators work to monitor project progress, provide tech support, and collaborate with technology teams.
While traditional degrees are not required for virtual bookkeepers, some employers insist on a bookkeeping certificate. Administrative and invoicing experience easily transfers to a virtual bookkeeping position. You can qualify for many customer care management positions without a formal degree if you have experience in remote customer assistance. Customer management software experience can help you stand out as a candidate. This work includes answering questions, solving customer problems, and knowing when to direct a customer toward someone better suited to help.